- 3 cups Flour
- 4 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cream of Tarter
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- First, preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Then sift or wisk the dry ingredients together until you have a fine powder.
- Add the milk and beaten egg to the mixture, and stir until you have a crumble texture.
- Next, add the cold butter and cut it into the mixture until it sticks together.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/4″ thick, and cut it with a 3″ (78mm) round cutter.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1/4″ apart.
- Finally, cook them for 12-15 minutes, or until they turn a light golden brown.
Avoid over mixing one you add the butter. The more you handle the dough, the more the butter melts and makes the dough harder to handle.