- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- First, start heating your waffle iron.
- Then whisk your flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Next, separate your egg whites into a separate bowl and set them aside.
- Now stir in your milk, butter, and yolks to the dry ingredients until they are just mixed.
- Next, beat your egg whites until they have stiff peaks.
- Then fold the egg whites into the batter until it is just mixed.
- Finally, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the waffle iron, and cook until the steam lessens.
DO NOT OVERMIX!
This recipe requires all of the ingredients to be at the point where you would barely consider it just mixed.
On another note, you can use a Belgium waffle iron if you like, but I’ve had the best results with a small personal iron. If you decide to make Belgium waffles, then I would recommend using a half cup instead of the quarter.