- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder AND
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter, Soft
- 1 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Butter, melted
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Then sift or whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together until you completely mix it.
- Cut in the soft butter until you have a fine crumb mixture.
- Next, add the milk, melted butter and vanilla, stirring until everything is barely mixed together.
- Now separate the egg whites and fold them into the batter without over mixing.
- Finally, Bake the batter in your favorite cake tin for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out semi-clean.
Over mixing can ruin this recipe, so pay careful attention when you mix your ingredients. Everything should be mixed well, not reconstituted.